Formed in the 1995/1996 season, Redlands Baseball Club rose meteorically to international recognition within six years. This was largely due to the vision and collaboration of loyal club members, the Redland Shire Council and financial assistance from the Queensland Government.
Redlands Baseball Club, with two world-class fields, is a AAA standard lighted venue complete with a modern clubhouse and indoor batting cages. Situated 25 kilometres southeast of Brisbane in natural bushland, the Redlands Baseball Facility was a host site for the 2000 Olympic trials. Tested by world baseball teams from USA, Italy, the Netherlands and South Africa international recognition was firmly established. The venue hosts State and Australian Titles and is regularly used for club games.
Redlands Baseball Club is a family oriented community sporting club totally reliant on volunteer support. Its aim is to promote participation at all levels and to develop a friendly healthy sporting club for the community to use and enjoy. The Club is grateful for generous financial assistance provided by its sponsors, as it does not rely on income from sources such as gaming machines.
The Management Committee welcomes new members and encourages all members together with the business and sporting community to take an active part in the upcoming baseball season.
To be a proud family friendly baseball club within the Redlands community providing opportunities for all to participate and achieve excellence from local competition to international level.
• Provide strong, stable and accountable leadership.
• Maintain best practice governance policies and procedures that deliver excellence in all areas at all times.
• Provide open, clear and effective communication to all stakeholders at all times.
• Promote and deliver a socially inclusive family orientated culture in a safe, drug-free environment.
• Provide pathways to develop players, coaches, umpires, scorers, and volunteers.
• Maintain and develop a culture of sportsmanship, respect, and tolerance.